Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My "Maiden" Blog





You'll see further down why I named this My Maiden Blog. I was just recently on a cruise ship... well anyway, you'll understand. But yippee, I've finally started a blog! My own mother started her blog before me, and I thought, my goodness, it's time I got on board with this new-fangled method of communication. (Did you get that, on board! lol. I'm feeling funny today).

I didn't have any really new stamping projects to share right now, although I am working on some things. So I'm posting the projects we made at my chipboard class a few weeks ago! We made a candy box (out of cardstock and Stampin' Up! Designer Paper "Loves Me"), a chipboard Bitty Book by Stampin' Up! with a cover, and a 4x4 scrapbook accordian folder (to display proudly on your desk or table!). We used for all of it Stampin' Up! Designer Paper "Loves Me", coordinating cardstock Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, Cool Caribbean and Chocolate Chip, and a coordinating stamp set "Sweet On You." The Designer Paper and the the "Sweet On You" stamp set are both from Stampin' Up!'s Winter Mini Catalog, along with the Ribbon Originals "Flirty." We had a lot of fun making these projects.

See the sweet baby in the pictures? That is my beautiful granddaughter! She was 3 months old at the time. Now she's 4 months old... I already feel like she is growing up too fast! I'm new at this, but I love, love, love being a grandmother! I loved being a mother, too. I mean, I still am one, but they're not little and cute anymore. They're grown-up and beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I'm not the center of their world anymore, and I can't make them laugh by making silly faces anymore.

Last week, my husband and I went on a wonderful cruise to the Texarribean for our 25th wedding anniversary. It lasted 7 gorgeous days. We boarded the ship on Saturday, Jan. 27th, in Houston, TX, and we went to Progreso/Merida, Cozumel, and Belize. If you've been on a cruise before, you know what I'm talking about when I saw I have never been treated so much like a princess in my life! All the meals cooked for me, all the decisions made about what to have for meals, waiters who even open your napkin for you so that you don't even have to raise your lily white hands to do that little task, white linens and "candlelight" (real candles not allowed on the ship!) at dinner every night, my room cleaned every day, and the bed turned down with chocolates on our pillows and little towel animals waiting for you every night... oh, sorry, I got carried away with the fond memories. Back on track... If you haven't been on a cruise, I urge you to GO NOW! Anyway, again I say, we had a wonderful time, and may I just say there are lots of opportunities to shop in Cozumel, lots of jewelry stores, and we took full advantage of that (I love jewelry!).

But on Thursday before we got home, I developed a sudden cold and cough, and I do mean a nasty cough. I've never had a cold move into my chest so quickly before, that I can remember. Anyway, by the time we were driving home from Houston on Saturday (Feb. 3rd) I was shaking with cold, I mean teeth-chattering shakes. So my hubby drove straight to the Med Clinic here by our house, before we even came home, and 2 hours later found out that I have pneumonia!? I don't have a clue how I could've gotten it! So, now I am at home in bed this week, I can't go to work, I am taking a million pills, and drinking lots of water, and -- the final cruelty -- I haven't gotten to see my granddaughter since we got home! We were supposed to babysit her during the Super Bowl so her parents could go to a Super Bowl party, but I was robbed of that privilege, fearing I might be contagious. Also, of course, because I didn't have the strength to lift my fingers, much less the baby, and had not the breath to move from my bed.

Enough of that. I really was just saying all that to say that I'm stuck in bed, so I am trying to catch up on blog-reading, and see what stamping projects everyone else is making, so I can get busy making things as soon as I can sit up long enough to stamp something! I love being inspired by everyone!

1 comment:

Margaret Raburn said...

I love these cute projects!! Looks like a fun class!