Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Card from an Existing Sample


One of the tasks assigned to me last week in my new stamping endeavors was to copy a card from the Stampin' Up! IB&C (Idea Book & Catalog) exactly, and then to duplicate it using a different stamp set and different colors.


I copied this Living Large card from page 86 of the IB&C. It uses Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Cameo Coral, Brocade Blue & Confetti White cardstock, along with Celery grosgrain ribbon, silver brads and watercolor crayons with a watercolor brush. Also, Fontastic background stamp was used on the Cameo Coral layer.
Then I used the sample layout but substituted the stamp set "Because of You" on page 139 of the IB&C. I used Gable Green, Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal, Lovely Lilac and Confetti White cardstock, along with Rose grosgrain ribbon, silver brads and a blender pen and inks to match the cardstock. I also used Aida Cloth on the Apricot Appeal layer.
So in case you are stumped trying to come up with a card, open up that IB&C, then take an idea and make it your own using the stamps and cardstocks you have available!
Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Margaret Raburn said...

What a great idea! Love your card!!