Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Petal Pushers


I don't know about you, but when I need a stack of cards, like thank-you notes or birthday cards, I tend to fall back on simple layouts with clean lines and very few frills, like punches, embellishments, all of that stuff. This is one of those cards. I needed some thank-you cards, and I used an "old stand-by" type of layout. I used this cute set, Petal Pushers, from the catalog, and some pretty Soft Subtles colors -- they are almost candy-like colors, or maybe sherbert? Well, except for the Bashful Blue. Anyway, I think the colors are "sweet" -- besides Bashful Blue there's Apricot Appeal and Pretty in Pink -- and the little bit of black layers & words kind of accentuates the soft colors. I used the blue gingham ribbon as my only "frill." I have to say, when it's all said and done, I always like the simple elegant cards the best!

No comments: