Monday, January 19, 2009

Petal Pizzazz!

Today is the day that the new Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog goes live! That's right, you can order from the beautiful new catalog starting today, either by calling or emailing me with an order, or by going online to my Stampin' Up! website and clicking on the "Shop Now" button.




One of the new sets in the catalog is this set, Petal Pizzazz. I saw this card that had been stamped by another demonstrator, Mary Brown, and pretty much copied it because I loved it so much. I changed very little. I used new DSP (Designer Series Paper), Raspberry Tart; Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White cardstock; and Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon. I also used the Birthday stamp from Hugs & Wishes stamp set. I used a Red Fire brad in the middle of one of the flowers. Two of flowers were stamped by using the Rock 'n Roll technique, inking the stamp in Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose; and then inking the edges of the flowers in a darker pink ink -- in these cases I used Regal Rose with the Pink Pirouette and Rose Red with the Regal Rose.



I made a second card just like this but changed it up just a tiny bit, using the Rose double-stitched grosgrain ribbon instead of the Kiwi Kiss ribbon; and I used a Green Ice brad in the center of the large flower. It gave it a slightly different look.



This was definitely a stretch for me because I had to cut out the flowers and the leaves, and anyone who knows me well knows that I DO NOT like to cut out images! But, I thought the card was so pretty, I made myself do it. I think it was worth it...

So far, I'm doing well on my New Year's Resolution, don't you think? My fellow demonstrators and I are challenging each other to update our blogs once a week, so I have an accountability thing going on, and I think it will help me. I need any other readers out there to help me out, too, though! If you see anything you like, please comment! It keeps me encouraged that someone out there is reading! Pretty soon, I plan on doing some other fun things, so stay tuned.


Thanks for reading! Have a great week, and do some stamping!



Robin

7 comments:

Kymm said...

These are great. I didn't think I would like that stamp set but you have just made me want to have it. Your projects are so beautiful. I wish I was nearer to you and Kimberly.

Anonymous said...

Robin you are always cutting something out. You make me want to buy more flower cards! Look at you posting at 2 in the am.

Valerie Capps

Kimberly said...

Very cute card!!

Kimbossible Stamper said...

AWESOME!! Love it!!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh so pretty! Will this be my Mother's Day card, I hope? Only a slight change would do it, LOL!! I'm not wild about cutting either but the end results on this card were worth it! Beaut-e-ous!

Jennifer said...

Wow! This is a lovely card!

Jennifer said...

Wow! This is a lovely card!