Saturday, February 14, 2009

Darling Dots Cupcake Take-Along

I am pretty excited about this project! I made these for my 3 daughters for Valentine's Day. I saw the idea here on Nichole Heady's blog. I loved it and decided to try my own using Stampin' Up! products. It's so much fun getting inspiration from other people, but then challenging myself to use the Stampin' Up! products that I have on hand. The only things I ddn't have were the "Trendy Tubes" and the little glassine bags, but I did manage to get my hands on some of those.


I used Real Red cardstock to cover the cake mix box. I then used Pink Passion cardstock for the pocket on the front. I stamped Whisper White cardstock using Pink Passion Classic ink with the cupcake stamp from the Darling Dots stamp set to make my own background paper. This stamp set is a Level I Hostess Set in the new Spring/Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog. I then stamped over it with the "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp from Holidays & Wishes stamp set. I cut a layer for the front pocket, and then I used a long pice to cover the tub of frosting.

I have some more pictures here for you, and then the list of supplies I used at the end of the post. I hope this inspires someone!









SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Darling Dots, Holidays & Wishes, Short Order Alphabet
Cardstock: Real Red, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Inks: Real Red, Pink Passion
Accessories: Red/White Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Scalloped Edge Punch, Boho Blossoms punch, 1-inch Circle punch, 1-1/4 inch Circle punch, Heart to Heart punch, Scallop Circle punch, 3/16 inch Corner Rounder punch, Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive.
ROBIN

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great job Robin! I love this idea! Where did you find the tubes? :-)

featherlanecardsgifts said...

Hi Robin - these are darling! I too would like to know where you found the tubes? Looks like your arm is on the mend - sure hope so.

Julie

Margaret Raburn said...

Robin, these are absolutely adorable! I bet your girls thought so too, and were excited too make some cupcakes with all these colorful ingredients! Alot of work and they turned out great!

Capps Chit Chat said...

What a super cute birthday gift! Have the birthday girl/boy make their own cake! ; )

Really love this.
Valerie