Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shower Invitations



I know it's strange that I can go for weeks, or even a couple of months and not post at all, and now here I am posting twice in one day, but I'm on a roll! I've been stamping a lot, just haven't had time to post! Plus, my computer is so slow these days. I have it too full, I know, and I need to clean off the hard drive to speed it up. One of these days...


Anyway, my oldest daughter is getting married next month, and I made some shower invitations for the family shower that we are having tomorrow night. I thought I'd share what I made. This card uses Stampin' Up! stamp set To Have and To Hold from the Spring & Summer Collection. I used Cool Caribbean (my favorite color from last year's In Colors) because it is an almost-perfect match with the color of her bridesmaids' dresses. I did use a few things that are not Stampin' Up! -- I hate to admit it! But they were perfect for this project. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, Swiss Dot, on the large white layer, and I did use some square Nestability dies. Then I also used some little bitty pearls on the bouquet and one in the bride's hair. The story on that is that I had ordered some sticky-backed pearls thinking they would be large enough to use on the black tin flower pots that we will be using as table centerpieces for the reception. Well, it's the story of my life that I didn't pay attention to the size of the pearls and ordered about a thousand of them (slight exaggeration), and when they got here had a great laugh at myself because they were so tiny. So I had to use them somewhere! It was a big of a pain, but I only made 15 invitations, so it was okay.
Hope you enjoy my card, and my story!
Robin

No comments: