Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cute Chipboard Frame

I made this cute little frame as one of the projects a couple of weeks ago for a chipboard class that I taught. I used the outside piece after I punched out the flower, covered it with Afternoon Tea designer paper, then embellished it with a couple of other pieces of chipboard covered in coordinating paper from that same Afternoon Tea collection. I then used some hardware from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, a piece of Groovy Guava double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, and a flower and half-pearl from the Pretties kit. The funny thing is, I didn't know what picture I was going to use in the frame, but after I chose the picture of my granddaughter and slid it in, the bow on her hat slid right underneath the flower that I had previously put onto the frame! It was so perfect, I couldn't have planned it any better!

Oh, I used Sticky Strip to attach a piece of cardstock on 3 sides to the square of chipboard so that my frame had a back, and then I just slid the picture in. It was tight enough that I didn't have to tape the picture in. It stays all on its own!

Hope you like it!

Robin

No comments: